iCloud is Apple’s cloud storage service, which integrates the ability to back up data online and synchronize data between Apple devices. However, not all users know how to manage iCloud in the best way. Is there a way to help people store iCloud better?
Comprehensive management of iCloud
iCloud is available on iPhone, iPad and Macs, but you can also use iCloud on Windows. On each device, users can manage iCloud differently. Comprehensive management of iCloud on Window helps you store more than necessary data.
What is iCloud? What backups, syncs?
While the usual cloud storage services allow you to upload any file format, Apple chooses to divide your data into different types (mail, photos, contacts, etc). Apple’s backup method is also quite different, for example, your documents will be permanently saved, but the photos will be automatically deleted after 30 days.
The iCloud service is integrated into your Apple ID. When you install the new iPad and iPhone, iCloud is turned on: you can sign in to your Apple ID and activate iCloud as soon as you install it.
With each Apple ID account, Apple allows you to use 5GB to back up the following data:
– Mail: You can use an email account @ icloud.com on your device. If you choose this option, you can receive mail from icloud.com. If you use other mail accounts like Gmail, Outlook.com or Yahoo! Mail, this feature will not be enabled.
– Contacts list: iCloud syncs your contact data on devices you own. You can also access your contacts from icloud.com.
– Calendar: You can sync appointments on your devices via iCloud.
– Reminders: Reminders is a list of to-do tasks of IOS. This list will be synchronized on your devices.
– Safari: iCloud will sync the necessary data of Safari, including browser bookmarks (bookmarks), tabs you are unfinished … On a Windows machine, you can use the iCloud Control Panel application to sync bookmarks from Safari on IOS to popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
– Notes: iCloud can sync notes that you record on the note app and put this note on icloud.com.
– Keychain: iCloud Keychain is a new feature that allows you to sync Safari passwords on iOS and Mac. Currently, this feature does not work with 3rd party applications.
– Photos: iCloud’s Photo Stream feature will save your photos to the cloud temporarily and sync photos between devices. Unlike other iCloud features, Photo Stream does not permanently store your photos to the cloud.
– Documents & Data: Documents you create with the iWork application (free on new devices) will be synced to iCloud.
– Find My iPhone / iPad / Mac: The service to find lost / stolen IOS devices will not take up space on your iCloud. You can visit icloud.com to search your device.
– Backup device: Instead of having to use iTunes to backup recovery data manually, iPhone and iPad will automatically bring data to iCloud via Wi-fi whenever you charge the device.
Apple will also synchronize data such as app lists and content (music, videos) you have purchased, as well as iMessage and SMS messages. You can access to view data items synchronized to iCloud in the Settings/ iCloud section. In this section, you can find and select the data items you want to sync via iCloud.
Manage iCloud on Windows
Icloud Control Panel is used to access iCloud on Windows./Ph: support.apple.com
You have 2 ways to access iCloud data from Windows: use the iCloud Control Panel app or directly access the iCloud service through the website.
Firstly, you need to download iCloud for Windows and install, set it up. iCloud in the window has the following features:
– Sync email, contacts, calendar and tasks (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks Sync)
– Sync browser bookmarks (Bookmarks)
– Photo and control iCloud traffic (Manage iCloud Storage)
Basic iCloud’s features on Windows./Ph: support.apple.com
Secondly, you turn on sync on Windows. To turn on iCloud Drive in iCloud for Windows, you follow the steps below:
Step 1. Open the Start menu and navigate to the iCloud folder.
Step 2. Open the iCloud app.
Step 3: In the box that pops up, check the box next to iCloud Drive.
Then, pin iCloud Drive to Quick Access and the Start menu. After turning on iCloud Drive, to find this folder, go to Users and then click Your User Folder. However, each time you use it, you must perform the above operations which will be very time consuming. For quick access, you can pin it to Quick Access or the Start menu. To do this, follow the steps below:
– To add Quick Access in File Explorer, right-click iCloud Drive and select Pin to Quick Access.
– To pin the Start menu, right-click iCloud Drive and select Pin to Start.
Pin iCloud Drive to Quick Access./Ph: congnghe40.net
After following the steps above, you can use iCloud Drive like any other folder on your Windows 10 computer. Drag and drop files and other folders or save directly to iCloud Drive. If you’ve seen many of the available folders in there, you’ll find some files can’t be opened because apps on iOS or Mac using iCloud for storage will show up here. As long as you have a data connection, everything you add to folders in iCloud Drive on your Windows 10 computer will automatically sync, allowing you to access them on other enabled devices.
Another way is use website iCloud.com to manage iCloud on Windows. Hope that some of guidelines above will help you manage well iCloud on Windows.